Jurnal Terapan Teknologi Informasi (JUTEI) is a journal focusing on theory, practice, and methodology of all aspects in Information Technology and Computer Science, as well as productive and innovative ideas related to new technology and applied sciences. This journal is managed by the Faculty of Information Technology, Duta Wacana Christian University.
The subject of articles may cover, but is not limited to:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Business Intelligence
- Cloud & Grid Computing
- Computer Networking & Security
- Computer Vision
- Datawarehouse & Datamining
- Decision Support System
- Digital Signal Processing
- Enterprise Architecture
- Enterprise System (SCM, ERP, CRM)
- Human Computer & Interaction
- Image Processing
- Information Retrieval
- Information System
- Information Systems Audit
- Internet of Things
- Knowledge Management
- Mobile Computing & Application
- Multimedia System
- Open Source System & Technology
- Semantic Web
- Software Engineering
- User Interface/ User Experience (UI/UX)
Instruction for author's submission can be seen here
Deadline : 1st February
Published : 30th April
Deadline : 1st August
Published : 31th October
Every article submitted to JUTEI will go to the Managing Editorial Board members who will select them through Initial Review processes. Then, the articles will be sent to reviewers and will go to the next selection using Double Blind Review Process. Based on review result, the editor will decide whether the article will be accepted or rejected. The accepted article should go through a Revision Process which might happen for several times.
If all the requirements are met, the article will be published according to the nearest period of publication. If the number of accepted articles are over the quota of each publication issue, then they will be publish on the next issues. These processes take 8-12 weeks. The reviewers will assess each assigned article for its content and technical aspects. The reviewers are the experts on different kind of fields in Information Technologies and issues around it. They are experienced in reviewing the national and international prestigious journal.
Section A: Publication and authorship
- All submitted papers are subject to strict peer-review process by reviewers that are experts in the area of the particular paper.
- Review process are blind peer review.
- The factors that are taken into account in review are relevance, soundness, significance, originality, readability and language.
- The possible decisions include acceptance, acceptance with revisions, or rejection.
- If authors are encouraged to revise and resubmit a submission, there is no guarantee that the revised submission will be accepted.
- Rejected articles will not be re-reviewed.
- The paper acceptance is constrained by such legal requirements as shall then be in force regarding libel, copyright infringement and plagiarism.
Section B: Authors’ responsibilities
- Authors must certify that their manuscripts are their original work.
- Authors must certify that the manuscript has not previously been published elsewhere.
- Authors must certify that the manuscript is not currently being considered for publication elsewhere.
- Authors must participate in the peer review process.
- Authors are obliged to provide retractions or corrections of mistakes.
- All Authors mentioned in the paper must have significantly contributed to the research.
- Authors must state that all data in the paper are real and authentic.
- Authors must notify the Editors of any conflicts of interest.
- Authors must identify all sources used in the creation of their manuscript.
- Authors must report any errors they discover in their published paper to the Editors.
Section C: Reviewers’ responsibilities
- Reviewers should keep all information regarding papers confidential and treat them as privileged information.
- Reviews should be conducted objectively, with no personal criticism of the author
- Reviewers should express their views clearly with supporting arguments
- Reviewers should identify relevant published work that has not been cited by the authors.
- Reviewers should also call to the Editor in Chief’s attention any substantial similarity or overlap between the manuscript under consideration and any other published paper of which they have personal knowledge.
- Reviewers should not review manuscripts in which they have conflicts of interest resulting from competitive, collaborative, or other relationships or connections with any of the authors, companies, or institutions connected to the papers.
Section D: Editors’ responsibilities
- Editors have complete responsibility and authority to reject/accept an article.
- Editors are responsible for the contents and overall quality of the publication.
- Editors should always consider the needs of the authors and the readers when attempting to improve the publication.
- Editors should guarantee the quality of the papers and the integrity of the academic record.
- Editors should publish errata pages or make corrections when needed.
- Editors should base their decisions solely one the papers’ importance, originality, clarity and relevance to publication’s scope.
- Editors should not reverse their decisions nor overturn the ones of previous editors without serious reason.
- Editors should preserve the anonymity of reviewers.
- Editors should ensure that all research material they publish conforms to internationally accepted ethical guidelines.
- Editors should only accept a paper when reasonably certain.
- Editors should act if they suspect misconduct, whether a paper is published or unpublished, and make all reasonable attempts to persist in obtaining a resolution to the problem.
- Editors should not reject papers based on suspicions, they should have proof of misconduct.
- Editors should not allow any conflicts of interest between staff, authors, reviewers and board members.
JUTEI does not charge any payment for submission, review, until publication process. If the article is accepted, the author will get one free copy of the journal in which his/ her article appears. If he/she demands an additional copy of the journal, he should pay in amount of 100.000 IDR (excluding the shipping cost).
Printed edition of JUTEI can be purchased at Information Technology Faculty. You can concat us at firstname.lastname@example.org
JUTEI is using Indonesia One Search (IOS) - Perpustakaan Nasional system to create a distributed digital archiving system among participating libraries. IOS permits those libraries to create permanent archives of journals for the purpose of preservation and restoration.
JUTEI provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
JUTEI statistics can be seen here